[Openid-specs-ab] OpenID Connect FAQ?

Pam Dingle pdingle at pingidentity.com
Fri Aug 19 21:40:27 UTC 2011

Not everyone we want to inform will be an implementer.  A FAQ creates an
easy set of quotable definitions for press, bloggers, and other folks who
may want to talk about the spec without digging into it.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Johnny Bufu <jbufu at janrain.com> wrote:

> I think these should be covered in the spec, rather than an external,
> non-authoritative document. An implementer would need answers for all of
> them (except the first one), the spec really should provide them.
>
> Johnny
>

> On 11-08-19 12:15 PM, Allen Tom wrote:
>
>> Would it be useful to have an OpenID Connect technical FAQ? Is there one
>> already? If not, I can help set it up as a separate wiki/living document.
>>
>> Off the top of my head, some questions and answers that should be listed
>> are:
>>
>> - What's OpenID Connect, and how is it different than OpenID 2.0?
>> - How is OpenID Connect different than OAuth 2.0?
>> - What is the id_token?
>> - What's the UserInfo endpoint?
>> - What's the CheckSession endpoint?
>> - When should clients use the Implicit vs Code flows?
>> - What's the identifier for the user?
>> - How do I extend OpenID Connect?
>>
>> Allen

*Pamela Dingle*  |  Sr. Technical Architect
*Ping**Identity*  |   www.pingidentity.com
- -
*O:* 303-999-5890   *M:* 303-999-5890
*Email:* pdingle at pingidentity.com