[Openid-specs-ab] Lite Draft 8

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Thu Aug 18 02:14:17 UTC 2011

They could but that would not be in the spirit of OAuth.

I think the idea of pre-regestring what attributes a RP gets is one that has caused problems in SAML.   It may work in an enterprise, but we now have to have RP spoof multiple entity_id/client_id to be able to request the correct attributes.

Remember we are trying to build privacy preserving into the technology, that involves the principal of minimal disclosure.

Pre-regestring attributes per client_id sounds like a bad idea as compared to a small number of default scopes for the protected resource.

John