[Openid-specs-ab] OpenID Connect Launch Commencement
Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Sun Jul 17 18:10:07 UTC 2011
From: Eric Sachs [mailto:esachs at google.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 8:59 AM
To: Mike Jones; Breno de Medeiros; Justin Smith; Naveen Agarwal
Cc: Allen Tom; Kick Willemse; Don Thibeau; Anthony Nadalin; Andrew Nash; Pamela Dingle; Chris Messina; board-private at openid.net; openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net
Subject: Re: OpenID Connect Launch Commencement
>> Contacting friendly developers to begin implementations and feedback based upon their implementation work
Google's OpenIDConnect endpoint is now live in production, and we have a sample RP that shows the code required to use it at:
We have sent the config details for our endpoint to a few developers/vendors to let them start integrating with it, though we are not trying to formally announce it's availability at this time.
We will show it at the workshops Google is running Monday & Tuesday afternoon. The presenters at the Tuesday OIDF summit can use it as well if it helps.
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Mike Jones <Michael.Jones at microsoft.com<mailto:Michael.Jones at microsoft.com>> wrote:
At this point we are ready to begin the OpenID Connect launch. Don, should we have a planning call among the launch owners in the next few days to plan the rollout steps?
Steps we're already taking:
* Contacting friendly developers to begin implementations and feedback based upon their implementation work
* Write a one-page overview of the OpenID Connect specs. (Pamela Dingle has volunteered to write this by tomorrow/Friday.)
Steps we should take soon:
* Add links to Connect specs from http://openid.net/developers/specs/. (Mike to investigate.)
* Update content on openidconnect.com<http://openidconnect.com> to refer to the actual OpenID Connect specs, archiving the previous proposal. (John Bradley already owns this.)
* Send a note like the one below to specs at openid.net<mailto:specs at openid.net> and board at openid.net<mailto:board at openid.net> and posted on OpenID blog announcing this milestone. (Allen, do you want to be the one to do this? I assume we should wait for the overview document to be posted before doing this?)
Any other thoughts or suggestions?
From: Mike Jones
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 2:12 PM
To: openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net<mailto:openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net>; board-private at openid.net<mailto:board-private at openid.net>
Subject: Functionally complete set of OpenID Connect specs
I'm pleased to announce the release of a functionally complete set of OpenID Connect specifications. Remaining edits should consist of corrections, clarifications, and reorganization, rather than additions of significant new functionality. As such, these should now be ready for early feedback from and implementation by friendly developers. The specs are:
OpenID Connect Core: http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0.html
OpenID Connect UserInfo: http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-userinfo-1_0.html
OpenID Connect HTTP Redirect Binding: http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-http-redirect-1_0.html
OpenID Connect Discovery: http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-discovery-1_0.html
OpenID Connect Dynamic Client Registration: http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-registration-1_0.html
OpenID Connect Session Management: http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-session-1_0.html
OpenID Connect Framework: http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-framework-1_0.html
All are in SubVersion at http://svn.openid.net/repos/specifications/connect/1.0/.
Eric Sachs | Senior Product Manager | esachs at google.com<mailto:esachs at google.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openid-specs-ab