[Openid-specs-ab] Developer Feedback

Johnny Bufu jbufu at janrain.com
Tue Jul 12 18:18:03 UTC 2011

On 11-07-12 10:50 AM, Anthony Nadalin wrote:
> -1
>
> The framework document does outline the basic structures, the other documents don't so calling the whole set of documents a framework is wrong

I read it the other way around:

http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-framework-1_0.html
(currently draft 3)

Abstract: "This document describes the more advanced request and
response formats for OpenID Connect."

Introduction: "The OpenID Connect Core 1.0 specification defines the
basic requests and responses."

More to the point, in the Framework document the term "framework"
appears only once (as "trust framework"), an unrelated meaning. It
doesn't elaborate at all on what one should understand by OpenID Connect
Framework.

Johnny