[Openid-specs-ab] Handling of Issuer ID

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Mon Jul 11 15:01:51 UTC 2011

If the RP doesn't know anything about the IdP then provider discovery is required to convert a user identifier to a Provider ID.

If you are setting up a RP doing only directed identity and know what the provider ID's are then you can just get the info from the well-known location.

Provider ID is host and Port.

I am clarifying that the scheme must always be https in the next draft.

Provider ID will be a https url that MUST contain HOST and may contain PORT.  There is no path component allowed.

Allowing multiple schemes and describing it as a Java Script Origin is too complicated.

John B.