[Openid-specs-ab] Scope Attack

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Thu Apr 21 20:01:28 UTC 2011

I think it is a IdP UI issue.   The grant of a user-ID token needs to be clearly separated from the user info endpoint grant and other grants.

I don't know how far we want to go with being specific about UI.   I would be tempted to recommend that the UI be granular enough to allow individual scopes to be denied.

Personally I don't give Facebook enabled apps access because I don't have a way to turn off posting to my feed when they ask for a bunch of grants.

I think it probably should be left up to the IdP to decide on the best interface.

John B.