[Openid-specs-ab] Fwd: New EU laws

Henrik Biering hb at peercraft.com
Thu Mar 10 08:55:13 UTC 2011

For the purpose of this working group I agree completely with Breno that
we should not worry about the implications of the directive.

For the broader scope of user centric data management (e.g. PDS, UMA and
possibly VRM) we also should not worry, but rather see this as a
potential opportunity and a push in the right direction.

Tony: The directive itself was approved 25 November 2009. The official
deadline in the directive for the member states to have national laws,
regulations, and sanctions in place is 25 May 2011. But in many
countries privateers and marketeers are still fighting about the
interpretation of the directive.