[Openid-specs-ab] Adding variations to the assertion format

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Sat May 8 16:37:21 UTC 2010

Hi.

As of Draft 05, the assertion format is JSON.

I was trying to implement Javascript only RP today, and started to
think that perhaps it is worthwhile to add another type, JSONP. I am a
novice user of javascript so I may be wrong, but there seems to be
three ways to do it:

1) Using JSONP
2) Using iFrame Proxy
3) Using window.name

>From what I see, 2) has a severe limitation on the amount of data. 3)
is secure and nice, but the change in the assertion format is rather
large. So, to me, 1) looks like the way to go.

If that is the course, then we can just add one parameter to
direct_assertion_req, such as jsonp=1 so that the JSON assertion will
be wrapped by "callback(" and ");".

What do you think?

http://www.sakimura.org/en/
http://twitter.com/_nat_en