[Openid-specs-ab] Spec Call Notes 11-Feb-21

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 11 15:26:38 UTC 2021

Spec Call Notes 11-Feb-21

Mike Jones
Tom Jones
George Fletcher
Tim Cappalli
Kristina Yasuda
Bjorn Hjelm
Brian Campbell

SCIM Update
              We apparently missed the window for a SCIM BoF at the upcoming IETF

Browser Interactions Special Topic Call
              Notes were sent from the last call
              There have been no use cases submitted yet
              Edge plans to publish an "explainer" on their point of view
              Tom suggested that the CA Browser Forum also participate in the discussions
              We noted that the use cases document being prepared is using Markdown

Client Credentials Flow
              RFC 6749 says that a Refresh Token SHOULD NOT be issues
              George asked about whether doing so is actually OK when using per-app instance Dynamic Client Registration
              Brian believes that the SHOULD NOT is there because you can always use the client credentials to get a new access token
              Brian also believes that there isn't actually a security issue in doing so

Open Issues
              https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues
              All the new issues are SIOP issues, which will be triaged on the SIOP special topic call

Next Call
              The next call is on Monday, February 15th, 2021 at 3pm Pacific Time