[OpenID] [LIKELY_SPAM]Re: Too many providers and here's one reason

santosh subramanian subra.santosh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 22:06:56 UTC 2008

The signed certificate is a SAML document that needs to be stored at the
OP.  As of now it is static with the AP generating the certificates off line
which are later retrieved by the RP by doing a  fetch request (AX) from the
OP. The OP stores it in its database as an attribute value pair with the
openid. We are using xmlsec to sign the SAML assertions which follow the
format in this draft:

draft: http://www.mail-archive.com/specs@openid.net/msg00907.html

We could extend the implementation to support references to external
signatures, i.e. we could basically stick a URL in the signature attribute
and force the RP to fetch the URL.
Neither dynamic nor static certificates are all-purpose solutions, so it's
reasonable to support both.  For example, a certificate that a user is over
18 could be static with a relatively long validity lifetime, but a
certificate that a user has a non-zero bank-account balance should be
dynamic.
-

Santosh Subramanian.
Shishir Randive