[OpenID] OpenID Extension to handle Emails Addresses?

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Thu Oct 30 21:54:21 UTC 2008

Its always easier to do idp centric authorities and directories. A few "trusted" firms own the infrastructure, and governments love the control point that this represents.

Openid has propelled the notion that with uci, one does now have the ability to go further. Without losing that infrastructure benefit, anyone can overlay additionl semantics .

In the certs world, this was possible too : but the power of the idps (and govt backing) was too strong then to make it happen. They simply outspent the $50M we spent trying to break the idp centic model.