[OpenID] OpenID based on email addresses... Just Works!

Steven Livingstone-Perez weblivz at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 12:56:27 UTC 2008

I also find it odd as I'd quite like to have a durable identifier, but not
only do I have multiple emails, I tend to change emails relatively often and
I'm happy to share it using AX/SREG if/when I wish.

Be interested in how an OpenID using my email as a primary identifier would
work if I wanted to change it.

I do like an email account being used to discover an OpenID right enough, if
every email mapped to an openid - user at domain.com -> user.domain.com or
domain.com/user - from what I can see it doesn't even need to be a real
email address. so long as the mapping can be done.

>From what I have read you're really just talking about making it easier for
the user to enter an OpenID rather than changing how it works.. I mean
surely entering weblivz at hotmail.com can easily map to an OpenID
weblivz.hotmail.com