[OpenID] OpenID based on email addresses... Just Works!

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Wed Oct 29 20:09:59 UTC 2008

>I blogged about emails as OpenID "hints" (among other things) earlier today:
>
>http://tr.im/openid_oxymoron

Regarding one of the other things: if we shift from OpenID as a brand
to letting large companies like Yahoo! and Google use their own name
for it, we risk creating an environment where trust *relies* on
recognizing the familiar brand you already know. I propose one way of
addressing that risk: for OP's with a smaller number of users (and
especially just one), they can share the "Independent" brandname.

-Shade