[OpenID] Google OpenID IDP is now live

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 19:19:26 UTC 2008

Deron Meranda wrote:

> I'm not really sure of the whole point to the proposal anyway; isn't that
> what the HTTP Accept-Language header is for?

I believe the idea here is to arrange for the OP UI to appear in the
same language as the RP regardless of how the RP determined language.

However, I have before raised the concern that if I'm muddling my way
through a site that's only available in French I'd still rather have my
OP -- that, after all, knows more about me than the RP -- present its UI
in English, my primary language.