[OpenID] [LIKELY_SPAM]Re: [LIKELY_SPAM]Re: Combining Google & Yahoo user experience research

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 18:37:14 UTC 2008

Well... maybe... but in both cases the RP is just trusting the OP to "do
the right thing". If the RP wants something more than just trusting the
OP, either the attribute itself needs to be "self-verifiable", or the RP
must be able to ask the "authority" to verify the attribute. (What Nat
just said as I was writing this email:)

I do think that some extension/capability for "verifying" attributes is
an important next step (e.g. distinguishing between self-asserted data
and "3rd party" asserted data).

And I agree... PAPE is probably not the place for this sort of attribute
verification.

Thanks,
Geroge