[OpenID] [LIKELY_SPAM]Re: [LIKELY_SPAM]Re: Combining Google & Yahoo user experience research

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 22:44:33 UTC 2008

Chris Messina wrote:

> The RP should treat an email address according to the identifier select
> model, and only consider the domain.

Respectfully disagree.

I'd be really confused/annoyed if I typed in one email address and ended
up actually authenticating as another.

There are already two ways to use alternate personas:
  * Just enter the domain and choose an identifier at your OP.
  * Explicitly enter the identifier for the persona you wish to use.

We do not need a third:
  * Enter an identifier for anyone who uses the same service as you use,
then choose a sensible identifier at your OP.