[OpenID] Security related Use Cases?

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Wed Oct 22 13:03:22 UTC 2008

The Google page Eric showed was pretty straightforward. You can navigate to Google Apps and use a control to login using the local auth mechanism (similar to the way folks have done things over telnet for 30+ years). Or, you can use a control on that same page redirect to an IDP, perform its procedures and get an assertion that the RP may trust.

You can argue that the RP local auth is a co-resident IDP communicating over an HTML controls binding, but this is just formalism for security engineers.