[OpenID] FW: general Digest, Vol 26, Issue 57

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Tue Oct 21 21:38:21 UTC 2008

And this is the 100% delegation model. I have a XRDS file on the web, a 100 links to consumer apps, and there are a 100 delegations in the XRDS file. I only login to RP by noting the openid to myfile, whereupon delegation rules and bilateral discovery maps that to the OP provider the RP site is willing to use. If using PAPE extensions in the XRDS, RP might choose between two OPs based on auth policy/level advertisement.

This is rather different to the properties provided by directed identity at a single OP, note. Any OP of any large size, e.g. one bound by EV rules, will be spying on me. It's irrelevant what they say do: they have to retain the data, for correlation of who is communicating with whom (a trivially easy wiretap order to obtain).