[OpenID] Latest Development in Japan

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Fri Oct 17 18:28:50 UTC 2008

If you mean Japanese corporate culture, I agree: it will be interesting.

If the user gets to select an OP to talk to an SP that is not in the same trading group (or other political grouping of corporate allies) who controls?

In OpenID the whole POINT IS... that the user controls, without knowledge or allegiance to any of the underlying corporate sensibilities.

Now, there are lots of reasons why specific user control might have to be denied, in a given transaction. But, as a general initiative, the principles of user control over their OpenID and its attributes should still be **generally** present.

Otherwise, OpenID is just hub and spoke trust networks in drag.