[OpenID] How to use SimpleID?

中西 葵 aoi_nakanishi at cybird.co.jp
Wed Oct 15 09:21:05 UTC 2008

Hello Everybody.

I'm trying to build own OpenID Server.
Even I tried some softwares, it's not so easy as what I expected.

I try to use SimpleID 0.60 now.
But It doesn't work.

1st) I download 0.60 from
https://simpleid.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/simpleid by SVN
/trunk

2nd) follow the setup manual http://simpleid.sourceforge.net/manual/

3rd) chmod 777 cache
4th) chmod 777 identities
5th) change the config.inc
I just change this line.
define('SIMPLEID_BASE_URL', 'http://xxx.xxx/simpleid-0.6.0/www');

6th) cp identity/example.identity.dist identity/example.identity
7th) change the identity/example.identity
comment out this line.
;identity=http://example.com/
change this line
pass=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I made md5('password') by php.
and change this lines.
[sreg]
nickname=Example
email=example at example.com
fullname=Example
dob=2000-00-00
gender=M
postcode=1234
country=en
language=au
timezone=Australia/Sydney

It seems no problem at all.

When I login from the toppage,
http://xxx.xxx/simpleid-0.6.0/www
I can log in with the ID which I put in identity/example.identity

But when I login from Drupal6, I can't login to Drupal.
I put the OpenID, http://xxx.xxx/simpleid-0.6.0/www/index.php?q=user/example
to Drupal's openID login form.
But I can just login at SimpleID, there is no redirection to Drupal.

It must show the Drupal address, "You are being logged into
http://something.mydrupal.address/" , at the SimpleID's loginned page,
then click 'OK'.

But the SimpleID doesn't show the text line.

Does anybody have any idea to solve this matter?

PS.
I use the Drupal and I can login other OpenID servers, myopenid.com,
myopenid.ro, openid.ne.jp, phpMyID, and clamshell.
So I don't think Drupal has problem about that.

Best Regards.