[OpenID] Combining Google & Yahoo user experience research

John Panzer jpanzer at acm.org
Tue Oct 14 18:23:21 UTC 2008

#2 is not very useful at this point unless combined with email provider
blacklists
#3 is useful but there are many, many application that don't need an
email address unless the user actually gives consent.   If this happens
as part of login/signup and is absolutely required, then yes, it's
useful at that point.  I think this is a minority use case (or should be).

I can also think of #4:  I have existing legacy systems that are based
on having the verified email address (especially as a foreign key), and
want to migrate incrementally, if at all.