[OpenID] Combining Google & Yahoo user experience research

Kick Willemse K.Willemse at diginotar.nl
Tue Oct 14 11:03:45 UTC 2008

Great initiative to share the usability research.  I fully disagree with the "fact of life" statement. (For the short term your suggestion is the "best of bad")

For the long term:

Did we see it as a fact of life to have all logo's  of telco providers on the RP's website when introducing a "call now" button?

Do we present all bank logo's on the RP's website when we introduced a "Pay now" button?

Do we put all Internet Provider logo's on the RP's website if there is a "download now" button?

Looking at the above and parallels with other industries  I still think we miss a role within our OpenID model.

Current situation for OpenID : one-t-one relationship between RP's and IDP's

Preferred situation in a Network Type Model: RP's have a relation with acquirers, acquirers have a relation with IDP's

Just like banks, energy, ISP's, Telco's etc..

Please bring the important role of the acquirer within OpenID discussions and work on a cooperative scheme for:

Business/ governance

- Rules & regulations

- Business model

- Brand & licensing