[OpenID] Yahoo OpenID UX Study

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Fri Oct 10 19:17:57 UTC 2008

Peter, +1 to supporting only https: identifiers.

Question: does your "traditional" OpenID login text input control accept
XRIs (i-names?) Some OpenID folks are not aware than all i-names are
automatically https: identifiers without the user having to know or type
anything different. In other words, I can log in as =drummond at any OpenID
RP that accepts i-names and the RP can automatically use https for
discovery.

It's one of the key security advantages of XRIs -- the other is automatic
pairing with a canonical persistent XRI i-number to prevent OpenID recycling
and support lifetime synonym management.

=Drummond