[OpenID] Yahoo OpenID UX Study

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Fri Oct 10 12:35:34 UTC 2008

Were the benefits first asserted by the trainers, before they participants affirmed their logical value? That is, these are Yahoo-trainer explained benefits about which comment was sought?

The first one is form-filling - for which there has been years of support in other technologies; it's thus not a major paradigm shift. (I have a  million+ users using a variety of form-filling products, since the residential home closing requires filling out the same info, accurately, ~17 times on ~17 different paper-instruments/sites).

I don't really understand the second one. I think its saying, openid makes you the consumer free of the email ping to confirm you have control the access password to your personal mbox. What we learned from sourceforge (and Ive seen it elsewhere) is that pure RPs address the lack of trust model in OpenID during (cute) account signup by....pinging that very email box as an RP. That is, they perform the very email confirmation the OP is supposed to have done.