[OpenID] Yahoo OpenID UX Study

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Fri Oct 10 05:01:22 UTC 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 21:02 , SitG Admin wrote:

> Depressing results.

Sorry, no. Great results!!

They are only depressing if we think that OpenID is ready for the
mainstream market (i.e. for 100%-eps users).

eps is still pretty small ;-) as evidenced that those Yahoo users had
not heard of OpenID.

So ... this is a call to action ... because the Yahoo results (like
the Google ones) are actionable:

What can we do ...

1. to make more users aware of OpenID? (side note: the OpenID
Foundation marketing committee has a new chair as of today)
2. to educate users on *the same* flow, regardless whether they are
Yahoo users or Google users or little-company-nobody-has-ever-heard-of
users? [I guess NetMesh would fall into that category ;-)]
3. what visuals can we employ that people are going to understand?

Let's roll up our sleeves and get going ... if you have some sleeves
that you'd like to roll up, can you please raise your hand (to me, or
on the list)?

Cheers,

Johannes.

Johannes Ernst