[OpenID] Building on the OpenID PAPE specification

Taylor Venable taylor at metasyntax.net
Wed Oct 8 18:38:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 11:26:15AM -0700, Dick Hardt wrote:
> Please reread what I wrote. If the goal is to require OPs to implement a
> specific vendors technology, that is not very open, and creates a closed
> system.

As one of the authors of PAPE-AM, I do not recall adding a parameter
which indicates the vendor of the device used for the authentication.

Perhaps if you could explain or provide a concrete example of how
PAPE-AM must be used in a manner which would "require OPs to implement
a specific vendors technology" ?

--
Taylor Venable            http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/

foldr = lambda f, i, l: (len(l) == 1 and [f(l[0], i)] or
                         [f(l[0], foldr(f, i, l[1:]))])[0]