[OpenID] Building on the OpenID PAPE specification

Dick Hardt dick.hardt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 16:00:11 UTC 2008

Sure Nat, here is how *I* understand it is supposed to work

David Recordon was the architect of the process, so hopefully he will
chime in to clarify anything I have wrong below.

1) A group of people decide they want to create a spec.
2) They write up a charter and submit it to the specifications council.
3) The specs council reviews it and approves based on being complete.
4) The charter is then put to the OIDF membership for creation of a WG.
5) WG creates private mailing list for creating spec
6) WG submits spec to OIDF membership for approval

In the case of PAPE (4) was done by mail I believe. Note that there
had been significant discussion about PAPE on one of the mailing lists
prior to the creation of the specifications process.

As a community, if there is consensus that the process above is flawed
and there is a better alternative, we can change it.

-- Dick