[OpenID] sourceforge RP

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Sun Oct 5 04:57:50 UTC 2008

Just used the sourceforge RP for the first time. More Congratulations OpenID Foundation!

The SF integration is a mix of google, plaxo and wrongess. First of all, its integration with sreg/ax seems excellent. Plaxo like, enrollment gave way to account linking in a seemless and natural manner. (I didn't check if one can bind multiple openids.)

Perhaps "wrongness" in SF "arming" its now-enrolled openid login only after the user has confirmed  receipt of a URL (in an email)is the wrong turn of phrase. The open nature of UCI perhaps requires that an additional confirmation round is used by the RP. In this way, the openid is essentially a assurance surrogate of the email address.

Though nothing to do with openid, one sees a opportunity for a linkup with an RP-specific reputation metric: https://sourceforge.net/services/reputation.php

Myopenid and the phonefactor integration continues to work almost perfectly, and entirely naturally. For unknown reasons, the very first phonefactor auth attempt failed, perhaps recognizing the long period since I last used it.