[OpenID] OpenID for desktop network clients

Gabe Wachob gabe.wachob at amsoft.net
Wed Mar 21 01:36:26 UTC 2007

I blogged an idea that I implemented to allow a user to authenticate to a
desktop client for a "network app" (think  of an IM client) - the idea is to
present an openid to a desktop client and then have it, in concert with the
server-side component of the app, use normal OpenID authentication through
the user's browser to authenticate the user to both the server side and to
the desktop client:

http://blog.wachob.com/2007/03/openid_for_desk.html

I have a basic implementation - looking for holes in the idea. Probably not
a novel idea, but I didn't recall seeing any write-up or implementation of
this anywhere.

            -Gabe