[OpenID] Relying Party Best Practices

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 21:38:56 UTC 2007

I created this page on the wiki ages ago but never really did much to
promote it. I just added a few more items of my own, and restructured it
a little bit:

     <http://openid.net/wiki/index.php/Relying_Party_Best_Practices>

My thinking is that we could produce a bunch of best practices organised
into different "quality levels", which would hopefully cause sites to
aim towards maximum quality wherever possible, while making it clear
which things are pretty-much required for any kind of useful
implementation and which are just "would-be-nice" requirements.

This would also give an agreed-apon basis for site reviewers such as the
editors of the OpenID Directory[1].

I encourage discussion, whether it be about the things I've already
added to the list, or new things you think should be added, or about the
categorization system, or basically anything to do with relying party
best practices. :)

[1] http://openiddirectory.com/