[OpenID] OpenID, P2P and decentralization

Kaliya * identitywoman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:46:34 UTC 2007

I get really freaked out when People start talking XFN and identities of any
kind.

Personally I never want my OpenID identifier in ANYONE's XFN file.  This
sort of social graph portability is highly privacy invasive and goes against
the "laws" that people should have both control and consent for where PII
goes.

I would like to see some deeper thought go into how OpenID plays well with
emerging projects like Higgins and the Liberty People service that are
looking hard at contextual identity management and how to port social graphs
while respecting privacy.

I get that many folks here are not concerned about where they end up in
other peoples social graphs and how they are ported around the web without
their knowledge.  I am.  Many people do. Many people do who will be users of
OpenID.