[OpenID] AddId! - A useful idea of mine?!

Lukas Rosenstock inbox at lukasrosenstock.net
Wed Jan 31 19:15:11 UTC 2007

Hello everybody!
Sometimes I visit a blog and they have tons of buttons like "Add to
Bloglines", "Add to MyMSN". Why can't they be smart enough to find out
the service I actually use (which might not be in their list now)?
On LiveJournal, one can add OpenID accounts as friends. However on LJ
userinfo sites there is a nice "Add me as a friend" button which I won't
see on an external site.
Some time ago I've came up with a simple idea. Why not describe services
you use (like feedreaders or social networking sites) in your XRDS so
that other sites who have asked for your iName or URL can find them and
provide a customized link for me?
Now I've finally written down the idea into a small draft, which is
attached to this mail. Is anybody in the OpenID or Yadis community
interested?
Regards,
  Lukas