[OpenID] Sharing OpenID between sites (and APIs)

Eran Sandler eran at sandler.co.il
Mon Jan 29 18:05:57 UTC 2007

George, you are correct, and perhaps I didn't say it before, but this was
considering the fact that I already signed up to these sites using OpenID.

So if I'm signed up with OpenID (specifically the same one) to LiveJournal
and to Zooomr I will be able to switch between the two seamlessly as long as
I'm authenticated at my OpenID server.

The trick that I was referring to is to overcome the limitation of cookies
being bound to a domain.

Having a plugin like Sxipper is great but it's a plugin and people need to
download and install it and if we want OpenID to get to a greater audience
perhaps things like the planned integration with FireFox 3.0 is the way to
go (though I haven't read any of its details yet).

Eran