[OpenID] [security] MyOpenID anti-phishing tools ...

Mike Glover mpg4 at janrain.com
Wed Jan 24 17:16:55 UTC 2007

Marcin-

SafeSignin will prevent you from entering your password if you've been
redirected from another website.  To try it out:

  * go to myopenid.com/settings
  * check the 'Activate SafeSignin...' box
  * log out of MyOpenID
  * try to use your MyOpenID to log in somewhere

Instead of being asked for your password, you should get a screen
telling you to use your bookmark to log in.

The Personal Icon is tied to a cookie that will be sent to
[anything].myopenid.com.  We look up the image based on that cookie, and
serve the image back to you.

-mike