[OpenID] PKI

Ka-Ping Yee openid at zesty.ca
Wed Jan 24 05:39:54 UTC 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
> I said that PKI was successful and that SSL fulfilled its goals.
>
> I did not say that the goals of PKI had been fullfilled nor
> is that relevant in the slightest.

Clearly I don't understand what you mean by "successful" and I seem
to have a different (perhaps you would say "strawman") idea of what
"successful" means.

Do you see PKI as having been successful at helping its users identify
other parties?  If not, then what has PKI been successful at doing?

I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to explain.

Thanks,

-- ?!ng