[OpenID] OpenID and phishing (was Announcing OpenID Authentication 2.0 - Implementor's Draft 11)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Jan 20 00:43:51 UTC 2007

Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
> The attitude is the result of many of us admitting that firefox-using,
> plugin-using users are a minority within a minority and that the "just
> use a plug-in!" push ignores that fact.

The virtue of plug-ins is that they provide a place to play with
features and capabilities. Plugins that should be universal can be
absorbed into the core browser later.

Fixing phishing requires changing the browser and substantially changing
the user experience - a big change.  It is easier to do that if there is
a working model in actual use.