[OpenID] OpenID and phishing (was Announcing OpenIDAuthentication 2.0 - Implementor's Draft 11)

Scott Kveton scott at janrain.com
Fri Jan 19 18:52:49 UTC 2007

> Regarding anti-phishing & IE - isn't that one of the main design goals of
> Cardspace?
>
> Scenario: Login to your OP with Cardspace and not worry about phishing?
>
> My only point here is that I think the IE people probably think they *have*
> a solution, which may or may not be appealing to people here.

I'd hate to assume something like that without asking.  I would think as a
browser vendor you'd want to support multiple "standards" ... The browser is
a platform, not a channel to your specific technology.  My point is,
shouldn't we at least ask?  Which leads me back to, does anybody know anyone
on the IE development team?

It should be noted that in addition to the Firefox 3.0 requirements
including OpenID, they also listed CardSpace.  The two aren't mutually
exclusive IMHO.

- Scott