[OpenID] The delegation story in OpenID 2.0

Johnny Bufu johnny at sxip.com
Fri Jan 19 03:56:45 UTC 2007

On 18-Jan-07, at 6:28 PM, Dmitry Shechtman wrote:

> If Joe Blogger is an OP, his OpenID server should have XRDS. If he is
> delegating, he should follow the OP's instructions, which would
> probably
> include remote XRDS (in addition to the good old openid links).

HTML discovery is, as I mentioned before, a fully-supported discovery
method in OpenID 2.0, not only for backwards-compatibility.

This means that Yadis is not REQUIRED to be used by all URL
identifiers. If joe blogger wants to run his own OP, he doesn't have
to come up with an XRDS if he doesn't want/need to.

Johnny