[OpenID] OpenID and WordPress

Rowan Kerr rowan at standardinteractive.com
Thu Jan 11 17:47:22 UTC 2007

On 1/11/07, Dmitry Shechtman <damnian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been banging on Matt for awhile and I know that his reservations
> > concern the largess of the libraries and his desire to have a clean,
> > efficient and small codebase in the libraries to manage.
>
> I just had a look at the Drupal plugin developed by Bryght:
>
> https://svn.bryght.com/dev/browser/openid/drupal-4.7
>
> It seems that the Drupal guys had exactly the same reservations, since this
> one doesn't rely on JanRain's library.

I started that work, the Drupal 4.6 version. Looks like James is
getting it fired up on 4.7 which is great.

One of the goals of this work is to get OpenID into Drupal core. So
not only does the code have to be "Drupalish", it also needs to be
GPL'd. Nothing against the JanRain libraries, and not even wanting to
reinvent the wheel .. but it wouldn't be accepted into Drupal core
otherwise.

Although, as I think someone on the list mentioned months ago, having
more implementations does help us discover how readable the specs are.
:)

-Rowan