[OpenID] OpenID and WordPress

Jason Salaz jason at zenenet.com
Thu Jan 11 02:17:02 UTC 2007

Ugh... sent to user instead of list.
Resending (sorry Dimitry):

http://tinyurl.com/yj48qq

And for those not liking blind redirects;
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yj48qq

After the fact, I have talked to Matt, and he somewhat agreed to it,
but only as a consumer shipped as a plugin, and not enabled by
default.
Granted he didn't say "yes", and didn't say it'd be included, but he
accepted the possibility, I suppose.

I played up the usability of OpenID if he were to enable IDs for all
wordpress.com users, but I never got far with that.

I don't recall if Edulix's OpenID plugin was the "best", I asked about
it a while back, and the JanRain folks pointed me to a specific one,
though I'm unable to recall what it is at the moment.

But I do agree. I've wanted OpenID shipped with WP for a loooooooong time.