[OpenID] Dumb Question: Why isn't http://xri.net/=bobwyman an OpenID?

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Sat Jan 6 07:38:42 UTC 2007

Joaquin, yes, both URLs are valid HXRIs, and both contain the same valid XRI
in XRI-normal form, which is "=joaquin".

Each also identifies an HXRI proxy resolution service - in the first case,
xri.ru, and in the second case, xri.joaquin.net. To be highly precise, the
HXRI proxy resolution service would be the CGI at each of these webservers
that processes URL paths that begin with =, @, !, +, or $.

Such a service has a specific type, identified by the XRI
"xri://$res*proxy*($v*2.0)", as explained in the Proxy Resolution section of
XRI Resolution 2.0 Working Draft 10
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17293).

=Drummond

  _____