[OpenID] Dumb Question: Why isn't http://xri.net/=bobwyman an OpenID?
drummond.reed at cordance.net
Thu Jan 4 09:34:02 UTC 2007
>From the report you show, the Yadis diagnostic is doing the correct
resolution call to the xri.net HXRI proxy resolver. So it's sites that have
the pre-Yadis RP libraries that won't yet work with HXRIs (or with any other
Yadis-enable URL for that matter). Those libraries are only looking for the
HTML link elements (I think).
And I completely agree that an XRI in any format - "raw" i-name, with an
xri:// scheme prefix, or with an HXRIs proxy resolver prefix like
http://xri.net <http://xri.net/> - all need to be interchangeable. You're
right that this will require a slight fix at the i-brokers.
From: bobwyman at gmail.com [mailto:bobwyman at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Bob Wyman
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:38 PM
To: Drummond Reed
Cc: Recordon, David; openid-general; specs at openid.net
Subject: Re: [OpenID] Dumb Question: Why isn't http://xri.net/=bobwyman an
Thanks for the detailed response. BTW: Below, you'll see what is happening
when I use the Yadis diagnostic on the HXRI. I believe that users will, in
fact, expect XRI's, i-names, and HXRI's to be interchangeable. I'm using
2idi.com, so I guess I have to wait for them to put in the fix?
Also, I find it a bit odd that the Yadis diagnostic reports a "pass" for
OpenID... Apparently, the metric for "passing" is pretty forgiving.
Results for http://xri.net/=bobwyman:
* I fetched http://xri.net/=bobwyman, asking for content type
* The document's content type is application/xrds+xml;trust=none. That
is the XRDS content type.
* There was no YADIS HTTP header.
* I got a document. It is 916 bytes long and begins '<?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>\n<XRDS ref="xri://=bobwyman" x'
* I parsed an XRDS document.
* I found a service, but it's not a type I recognize. It's a service
* I found a service, but it's not a type I recognize. It's a
xri://+i-service*(+contact)*($v*1.0) service at http://2idi.com/contact/
* I found a service: OpenID at https://2idi.com/openid/ with delegate
* I found a service: OpenID at http://2idi.com/openid/ with delegate
* XRDS: Passed Your YADIS URL leads to an XRDS document. Your YADIS
URL is http://xri.net/=bobwyman
* OpenID: Passed Your YADIS URL leads to at least one OpenID service.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the general