[OpenID] An i-names mailing list?

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Wed Jan 3 07:27:49 UTC 2007

>Dmitry Shechtman wrote:
>
>So i-names have a wiki of their own. How about a mailing list?
>
>My feeling is that this list is slowly shifting from its originally
intended scope.

Although there's been quite a bit of discussion of i-names and XRI in the
last two days, that's similar to other topics that have the attention of the
community for a period before it moves on to the next set of issues.

The primary list for XRI is the OASIS XRI TC mailing list, which has public
archives but requires OASIS membership to join. There is not yet a dedicated
list for i-names development but that's not a bad idea to go along with the
new wiki.

>P.S. The i-names wiki features an "i-names login" instead of "OpenID
login". Is this also something the plugin developer had in mind?

The plugin has not been modified, only the explanatory text above the login
box, where it says, "Enter your i-name (or personal url) here:" The extra
emphasis on i-names is because...it's the i-names wiki! But it's just a
standard OpenID login box, so an OpenID URL works fine too.

=Drummond