[OpenID] Wiki misbehaving with i-names

Kevin Turner kevin at janrain.com
Tue Jan 2 23:13:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 20:27 +0000, Martin Atkins wrote:
> Both of these i-names point at an XRD with the same i-number in
> the CanonicalID. However, the MediaWiki patch does not seem to correctly
> link my login to my canonical i-number, as when I sign in with my second
> i-name it wants me to create a second user account on the wiki.

I'm not fully versed in MediaWiki code, but I just glanced through the
OpenID extension at
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/OpenID/ , and
I don't think that extension code ever makes use of the canonicalID
attribute supplied by the OpenID PHP library.  So it seems the extension
doesn't provide that functionality you're looking for right now.