[OpenID] LDAP-to-OpenID gateway?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Mon Feb 26 21:02:38 UTC 2007

What I would really like is a drop-in php/perl/whatever set of scripts
to make an OpenID server that uses Apache authorization to verify the
identity of the user.

This would allow a completely transparent single-sign-on system for
those of us using Kerberos and mod_auth_kerb on apache, and it could
also be used to backend to an LDAP database with the apache LDAP auth
modules.

(For example, my desktop linux box uses kerberos to authenticate me to
log in.. I then have kerberos tickets. If I go to my local openid server
website, firefox knows how to delegate the kerberos credentials to the
apache on the openid server.. what is missing is the little bit of glue
to make a simple openid server using apache auth.)