[OpenID] Wiki page: Attempting to document the "Email Address as OpenId" debate.

Claus Färber GMANE at faerber.muc.de
Sun Feb 11 11:35:35 UTC 2007

David Fuelling schrieb:
> Hi List,
>
> In light of my recent extension proposal to map Email Addresses to OpenId
> URLs, I have setup a wiki page on openid.net that attempts to capture all
> the pro/cons/issues that have been shared in the debate over whether this is
> a good idea or not.
>
> http://openid.net/wiki/index.php?title=Debating_Emails_as_OpenIds

I'd prefer to call them user at REALM OpenIDs. The concept of using this
format is not only used for email but also for other types of
identifiers such as RADIUS zones or Kerberos realms.

For example, user at EXAMPLE.COM could be a RADIUS login, a Kerberos
principal and a Yadis ID/OpenID but not an email address.

Claus