[OpenID] is openid 2.0 a lightweight identity system?

David Fuelling sappenin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:09:33 UTC 2007

Hey Rob,

Great post, and great questions.  I think you have the right idea in terms
of making the spec simpler.  However, OpenId has an interesting history in
that it is community-based combination of several different (and previously
competing) "ways of doing" url-based identity.  Just 12 months ago, the
community was not so unified!!

>From my perspective, OpenId is "what it is" today because all of these
competing identity systems decided to merge.  The con here is that perhaps
we have too much in the spec.  The pro is that we have a unified approach
now -- everybody is on board with one single spec: OpenId 2.0.

My $0.02.

David