[OpenID] GRDDL and OpenID

Rowan Kerr rowan at standardinteractive.com
Fri Feb 2 21:43:16 UTC 2007

On 2/2/07, Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk> wrote:
> While remembering things like this may not seem that important, I
> certainly prefer it when I don't have to look things up.

I would vote for consistency of discovery of service endpoints between
HTML and YADIS over having something a bit shorter to type into web
page a few times.

Setting rel= to the XRDS service type also allows for HTML discovery
support for OpenID extensions without defining extra rel values. If
you really prefer "normal" HTML discovery without pointing to an XRDS.

-Rowan