[OpenID] schism over cardspace

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Fri Aug 31 18:47:12 UTC 2007

But cardspace  + openid would be awash with all that ws* stuff. Its like the temple of ws* metadata driven everything! Addresse, policy, xmldsig on the metadata!

Be funny if openid had the mission to avoid ws*, and then becomes dependent on ws* culture via cardspace.

Use a xmldsig-signed infocard to avoid using xmlsdsigs to do websso! Use ws* to avoid using ws*!

These communiy issues are what are holding up a positive endorsement. I cannot ajduge the sufficiency of the methods of meritocarcy. I cannot see the ip threads, and who is claiming what. I cannot find a ref implementation. And, the spec is entirely devoid of rationale.