[OpenID] Web of trust mathematics

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Sun Aug 12 01:33:37 UTC 2007

So I know I reviewed this -- I recall having to learn to type the chars in the name -- and must have cited one of these works in an early draft of a literature review (including folks who the average professor would censor as un-citable). But its not there, in the final copy.

If I half remember why, I think I decided that its concepts too closely followed the groundbreaking work of Lampson/Abadi/et al in belief-based logics for reasoning about chains of authenticated handoffs, in distributed naming trees. If you are not frightened by modal logics, consider

http://research.microsoft.com/lampson/45-AuthenticationTheoryAndPractice/Word.doc